Friday, January 22, 2010

While walking home from school today I had this overwhelming impression of how awesome my life is.

I was walking behind three of my girls. Even though I would normally call out and walk with them, I decided not to. Something restrained me.

I couldn't help but smile as they walked, talked and laughed together. So much love and friendship was displayed through that conversation.

A thought entered my head. Here I am, living in the best building on campus, where dozens of the best girls in all of the world are funneled through the doors, off to their separate worlds, living within close quarters. Am I taking complete advantage of all those wonderful examples around me?

I love my girls. Sincerely, truly. They make me want to be better. Every Sunday when I get to look out on their radiant faces, I feel uplifted. There really is nothing more beautiful than a person who is living right. Humanity is God's final and greatest creation.

I love those girls so much. I wish I could express how I feel, but I am not blessed with that gift. If I could just take that part of my heart out and share it with them. . . If they could only feel how I feel. Or, even better, if they could only feel how much their Heavenly Father loves them. I can feel how much He loves them. I want them to know that with all of my heart. I desire it so much that it hurts. It is something that could change their lives. It has changed mine. With that knowledge and testimony, no girl would ever intentionally make a wrong decision, feel down on herself or not try a little harder to be a little kinder.

They are great. They are beautiful. They are talented. They are caring.

They are loved.

And I am the lucky girl who gets to love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment