
"Many people die with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
Lately I have been feeling a little down. Well, maybe not necessarily down, but not as Lindseyish as I usually am. Feeling just a fraction of myself was not fun at all. Definitely an unusual feeling for me, and I didn't quite know what to do about it. It took talking to my lovely roommate, Britt, to figure out what was wrong with me. After honest evaluation, and a couple of hours, we came to a diagnosis.
I am not living.
Definitely going through the motions, but going on auto pilot. Because I have become so busy helping others and never having alone time, I have lost sight of me. Things I love I have put aside for things that are of more "worth". What I have learned: Doing things that I love is not a waste of time.
Yesterday I went down and played the piano until I had no more desire or need to play. I can't even describe how wonderful I felt after. Rejuvenated and full of more spunk, everything I did throughout the rest of the day no longer was a chore, but a joy.
I am making time for the things I love. Music, reading, walking, singing, sitting, writing, Thank yous, watching people, being outside, dancing.
I don't want to die with my music still in me. I don't want to get ready to live. I want to live now.
"I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey--now." ~Thomas S. Monson
I'm finding my joy in my life. Life is for living. I am going to live and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment