Tuesday, December 1, 2009

IT'S OFFICIALLY CHRISTMAS TIME!!!

I am so very excited. . . . I can finally blast my Christmas music. I've been listening to it quietly since September. :)

This time of year is my wonderland. I love it so much. Christmas music plays from every speaker, in every store. Sparkling lights line the houses and trees. Presents are given and received. All the decorations come out. Everyone seems to have their heart in the right place. Smiling becomes everyone's favorite. Bundled up people greet each other and wish others a merry Christmas. Service becomes a common everyday occurrence.

But I what I love most is the renewed focus on love. That is what this world is all about. All different kinds of love.

There is the love that binds us together as families. More than any other time of the year, we return to our homes and spend time with those who mean the most to us. Family traditions are kept and created. We want to be together and strengthen those relationships.

There is the love between friends. Friendships blossom. We look for those presents that will make them smile. We greet them with hugs and warmth. Whether near or far, we think of those who have affected our lives and want the best for them.

There is the love between couples. Christmas has to be the most romantic time of the year. All the cuteness is a little overwhelming sometimes. But who can't help but grin when you see that cute couple who is braving the cold to be together?

There is the love of our Heavenly Father, who sent His Son to earth. I am so very thankful for that depth of love. That is what we celebrate this season. His arrival and His infinite and eternal love. O come, let us adore Him.

There is the love of humankind. No wars, crimes or simply unkindness are appropriate at this time of year. More than ever, the human family is bound together. We can't help but be a little kinder, a little more willing to serve.

Love deeper, stronger and more intensely this holiday season.

This truly is the greatest time of year. Enjoy every minute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment