I miss choir.
O Magnum Mysterium. Esto Les Digo. Jabberwocky. Kyrie from Memorial.
Especially Crucifixus.
I even miss Daemon Irrepit Callidus. Which is funny, 'cause that song is about demons, a topic I usually don't support. :)
All those songs that make you feel so deeply that nothing else matters in that moment except for the expression of the music.
I should include youtube links. But I cannot and I will not.
It is not nearly the same. It is being a part of something that beautiful and caressing those notes and words and making them yours before releasing them and letting them go.
I truly believe that singing is bearing your soul.
How thankful I am for Lauridsen, Lange, Orban, Clausen and Lotti. To hear beauty where there was previously nothing, and to share that with others. Composing is truly a gift.
I feel blessed to have been a part of a choir that encouraged expression. What you feel is truly the purpose of music. Without the emotion motivating the music, it is an empty shell.
Next time you sing, remember this. Sing with heart. Feel something. Whether it is rocking a baby, caroling, singing hymns in church, singing along to the radio.
Be vulnerable. Feel.
Express. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment