Sunday, July 26, 2009

Trip to Phoenix Children's Museum

This wall was completely covered in cds. Lights reflected off of the cds and sent rainbows around the room.
This wall was covered in small mirrors set at different angles.
Close up of. . .
Yep, you wouldn't believe that it was full of junk. So many colors and textures.
I think they just cut out shapes and glued them so they wouldn't lie flat, then just Mod Podged the whole thing. Cute and cheap. I really like the idea of doing this in all black and white prints with a bright color splashed in. FUN!
Shoes cemented to the wall. wow. would have never thought of that.
These fish and bubbles actually were recycled pieces of laundry soap bottles, water containers and other miscellaneous items. Recycling at it's finest.
This hung from the ceiling and was made up of hats.
My personal favorite, a river of twisted silverware suspended from the ceiling by fishing line. It was beautiful.
Sarah Sue eating fake ice cream from the ice cream stand. :)
Michael riding the motorcycle.
Ben and Emma enjoying the book nook.

This was a LONG time ago, but I forgot to post about it. :) We went as a family to the Phoenix Children's Museum. On the first Friday of the month, it is free (but there are SUPER long lines. We waited for at least an hour). It was full of fun stuff to do, and my favorite (as you can see from the pictures) really cool recycled/weird/cheap decorating ideas. I'm still bummed that I didn't get a picture of the painted dead tree. It made me want to have a huge dead tree, just so I could paint it cool colors. I loved all the artsy stuff and the kids loved all the fun and games. On a whole I think it counts as a "recreational activity" that the whole family enjoyed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment