Today did not feel like a holiday. I missed the parades, the hot air balloon festival, the fireworks, the barbecue, the friends, the weather of our normal 4th of July tradition. However, when contemplating about the true meaning of Independence day, I found that these things do not matter. I am so thankful to live in this land. It is my homeland. My ancestors traveled here in pursuit of religious freedom. How thankful I am today that freedom of religion is still upheld! And this is only one of many. If you haven't, read the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence. Read the Preamble to the Constitution. Throw in the Gettysburg Address for good measure. There is a power behind these words. I am so thankful for our presidents and military men and women, past and present, who have risked their lives daily in the service of my country. I love and esteem them for it. I believe that this nation is watched over by God so long as we continue in his service. I hope for a brighter future and a "Nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all". This is my prayer this Independence Day. God bless America!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Today did not feel like a holiday. I missed the parades, the hot air balloon festival, the fireworks, the barbecue, the friends, the weather of our normal 4th of July tradition. However, when contemplating about the true meaning of Independence day, I found that these things do not matter. I am so thankful to live in this land. It is my homeland. My ancestors traveled here in pursuit of religious freedom. How thankful I am today that freedom of religion is still upheld! And this is only one of many. If you haven't, read the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence. Read the Preamble to the Constitution. Throw in the Gettysburg Address for good measure. There is a power behind these words. I am so thankful for our presidents and military men and women, past and present, who have risked their lives daily in the service of my country. I love and esteem them for it. I believe that this nation is watched over by God so long as we continue in his service. I hope for a brighter future and a "Nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all". This is my prayer this Independence Day. God bless America!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment