Thursday, April 9, 2015

doesn't this face beg to be kissed?

Guys, he's smiling.

Most of his awake time is spent smiling and cooing. And some crying. And some staring off into space. But mostly smiling and cooing. 

It is the best thing ever.

My little heart just can't take it. I'm so happy that he's happy. I'm so grateful he's in our family. I'm so in love with our little man. I may or may not cry when he smiles. Mascara is not needed in this house. 

He has a whole slew of nick-names. I call him Small One, Little Thing, Sweet Pea, Sweetheart, Honey. And Baby. Of course.

McCallin usually calls him Joby (like Toby, but with a J) or My Son. I kinda think his are cuter. 

I can't believe that my baby is six weeks old. SIX WEEKS PEOPLE!! Do we not realize how old that is?!?!

And more importantly, how in the world do I slow it down?!?!

I'm trying to savor moments, but it is as if I am trying to make concrete out of water. Time flows right on past me, and I am left clinging to photographs and memories.


i love him. 

2 comments: