Sunday, March 2, 2014

A lifelong love letter...

It happened tonight. Surrounded by candlelight and holding a loaf of french bread, my love asked me to be his wife, to stay by his side for the rest of eternity.

I cannot describe the peace that fills my soul and the joy that is leaking from my heart.

When I think of all the good things to come, my eyes overflow with hope and spill down my cheeks.

I must be God's favorite child.

He held my shaking shoulders through the darkest of hours. He asked me to trust in His promises. He strengthened my meager efforts. He healed my torn heart.

And now, after all He has done for me, He blessed me beyond my highest expectations.

He sent me McCallin James Fisher, a man who has stayed by my side, who knows the worst of me yet chooses to see the best, who loves me more than I can describe.

I feel God rejoice with me, and as I take His hand and McCallin's heart, I embark on the next chapter of my life with my sails full of light.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. So happy for you that as I started to read this, I started to cry. I know that's a little cliche, but seriously, I couldn't be happier for you. I am so grateful you found McCallin. I am so grateful you two are SO happy together. I am so happy for you. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loaf of french bread? Can't wait to hear that story!! :)

    ReplyDelete