Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The power of a Haribo Raspberry

We are on the eve of an entirely new year.

Isn't that simultaneously the most terrifying and exhilarating thought ever?

A new year. A new year. A new year.

Soak that in. 365 days that have never existed.whoa.

Staring at its pristine beauty, I am intimidated.

What will I make of this new year? 

And the antithesis... What will this new year make of me?

I'm sure there will be personal disasters, hurt, heartache, stress, blah days.

Sometimes I am frightened.

What if this is the year I surrender to my faults? What if my heart is bruised? What if my life crumbles?

The uncertainty almost swallows me whole. 

In my darkness, I am always always always reminded.

I am not alone.

No man is an island.

I have hands to hold, hugs to give, words to share.

This is the year I will love deeper. I will live stronger. I will rejoice.

So as I sit here in my dimly lit living room, eating his Haribo Raspberries and drinking my cranberry Martinelli's, I embrace the uncertainty. It will be a glorious experiment in faith.

Because this is a beautiful, glowing new year. The best year ever. I just know it. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment