Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day Seven: 4 Songs that Mean a Lot to You

I have been thinking about this one for a long time. I am having such a difficult time narrowing it down to four. So instead I am going to give you four "genres" of music that I love. Ta-da! :)

1. Music my daddy plays on the guitar. One thing we have always had in common is our love of music. He plays the guitar, I turn pages and sing along. It is seriously my favorite.
Leavin' on a Jet Plane, Piano Man, Your Song
2. Music that is dance-able. I love dancing. I have definitely blogged about this before. There is something so satisfying about becoming the music. The world ceases to exist.
Dynamite, Down, Every time We Touch
3. Choral music. Memories abound. The power found in voices joined together really is not comparable.
Kyrie from Memorial {Clausen}, Crucifixus {Lotti}, Esto Les Digo {Lang}, O Magnum Mysterium {Lauridsen}
4. Show tunes. Usually my choice for "listening" music. "Listening" is code for "singing aloud at the top of your lungs and not caring". Thus this doesn't happen very much at Glenwood. I try to be a considerate roommate.
The Impossible Dream {Man of La Mancha}, People {Funny Girl}, Someone Like You {Jekyll and Hyde}

The End. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment