I bought myself flowers today.
Because I am worth it.
And because they make me smile.
And because I need something to nurture.
And because I still haven't stopped thinking about the daffodils last spring.
And because they are beautiful.
Once upon a time girl was sitting in Humanities (the love of her life until replaced by boy). Her class was discussing why pursuing beauty is a worthy goal. It motivates, uplifts, refines, inspires and reminds. But some people behind her just didn't understand. Apparently anything that does not produce money, that is not in the realm of business, that is not a part of the "real world", that cannot be defined is not worth the effort.
And this is what makes girl sad.
Are we immune to beauty?
"Let us show to the world that we have talent and taste, and prove to the heavens that our minds are set on beauty and true excellence, so that we can become worthy to enjoy the society of angels." ~ Brigham Young
If this were facebook, I'd click "like". But I love this :) and you :)
ReplyDelete