Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Land that I love


I am a little Arizona sick. I can't really call it homesick. My home is wherever my family is. . .

But perhaps it is a home. I still have friends there. They are a sort of family. Who I miss dreadfully. . .

I miss the beautiful landscaping surrounding the freeways. I miss knowing my way around. I miss my ward where I knew everyone, their children and where they lived. I miss going to Institute. I miss being close to my Grammy and Grandpa. I miss the pool in the backyard. I miss the dry heat. I miss the memories of when I was little. I miss the Science Center, the Zoo, the Children's museum. I miss the palm trees. I miss the Saguaros. I miss Basha's. I miss passing my high school. I even miss the lame libraries(which is definitely saying something)!

Most of all I miss the people. The friends who are now a part of me.

They are memories now.

I keep to myself, not to burden others with the effusiveness of my longing and reminiscence. They have a harder time of it than I do. I am leaving in two weeks. They must stay and conquer.

My own detriment: I have put myself in selfish, voluntary, emotional solitary confinement. No use to let others in.

False.

It is worth it.

Because you have built beautiful memories.

Bind you to places, people and things. Create life and love. Guide you back to beginnings.

Where you then can begin again.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and miss you. So much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arizona misses you too! I love checking in on you through your blog. You are such an example to me.

    ReplyDelete