Monday, July 4, 2011

Why I'm not married

Remember how there is a lot of marriage emphasis in this stage of life?

Last night I was asked why I wasn't married yet.

In a flattering way, but it actually kinda made me a little sad.

That is a dangerous question to ask.

Everybody wants to love and be loved.

But I have faith in God's timing.

Until then, I am going relish in my single-ness.

Lives intersect mine all the time.

Goal: Leave people better than you found them.

Reminder: There are many things to be done.

And I don't have to be married to do them.

Instead of pity, offer peace.

Instead of anguish, be an angel.

Instead of tears, touch lives.

Instead of shame, share.

Life is too beautiful to wait to live.

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of things to do in this world, that you can only do as a single person (as a married woman, it would be infinitely harder, and some would be inappropriate). You keep being amazing like you are, as a single woman, and then one day you'll get to move on. No worries :) You are amazing and any guy would be incredibly lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds, you are incredible. This is beautiful. Have you noticed how not only is every single one of your post a work of art, but that you always share truth. You left me better than you found me today. I love you.

    ReplyDelete