Thursday, September 17, 2009


If we only wanted to be happy, it would be easy; but we want to be happier than other people, and that is almost always difficult, since we think them happier than they are. ~Charles de Montesquieu

Everyone seems to think that I am super happy. I am generally, but I have my mood swings too. So often I get the question "Why are you so happy?" or even more often, "How are you so happy?".

I have been pondering.

Everyone perceives themselves in the worst light. No one is more aware of faults, more annoyed by defects, more distraught by imperfections. In contrast, we see others at their best. Vices are buried deep.

So why do we compare ourselves? Everyone is put on this earth for a reason. Life is too short to spend it trying to be someone else. By comparing, we are limiting our own potential. Who will you be? Who could you be?

Because we are descended from heavenly beings, we desire perfection. I find comfort in the fact that
we CANNOT be perfect in this life. Don't get down on yourself. Just try your hardest. After you have done your best, turn the rest over to Jesus Christ. He loves you and wants to help.


This is the reason that I can find happiness every day.
I know who I am and that I am loved. Everything else just falls into place if you have that knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment